Saturday, September 18, 2010

racing out the door with cell phone, lap top, and grabbing the phone book as well,

wish we had sunflowers this year like we did in 2008
Now why would I need a phonebook if I have all that other "new technology" stuff in hand? Well, I just need to thumb through the pages to look up information. It is like, how will I know what I am looking for if I can't start with one of the pages and work my way to the answer? Or, if I am not were there is internet the computer can't help me. And I don't want to pay extra for the cell phone to call information and have them get me the number. I would rather - grab the phonebook then later, not remember that I stashed it under my seat in the car - right? Oh well, I take so much stuff with me when I run out the door, it would be nice to quietly walk out the door and leave with out thinking I am the eye of the hurricane.

This week has been crazy. I am trying to finish up some deadlines so I can leave next week without so much "guilt" sitting on my shoulders. I am almost finished with the logo job and I will post it here when I am done, I really am liking it. And the new yarn show in Atascadero, Ranch Dog Knitting, I just sent out their on-line newsletter tonight - but I need to get more of their website done soon soon soon... I had a photo shoot with the Central Coast Weavers guild on Tuesday. I shoot the photos of some of the products that will be sold at our November Sale. Then I create postcard and the posters, which need to be sent to the print before I can leave on Wednesday. And I have a meeting for another job just before I leave this coming Tuesday. Could things be picking up in the graphic world? Dare I hope?

My big 2007 winner, Moose, at OFFF, Oregon.
So, were am I going this coming Wednesday. I am going to Canby Oregon to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, which I have shown my Pygora goats at, I think, a total of  6 years. It is 900 miles one way from here. This year, those putting on the show collected money to fly me up since I will bet the Pygora Goat Judge. I will be judging the Pygora shows, two of them and a "All other" fiber goat show as well. I am so looking forward to this trip. I plan on taking my Support Spindle and joining the spinning circle on Saturday and spinning. Sunday I will be judging alllllll day, but I have all day Saturday to check out the festival, visit with my fiber sisters,  and maybe learn something. Friday night I will judge the Pygora fiber show. All these boxes will have Pygora fleeces in them, and I will work my way though them looking for the best and then the best of the best. I know at least one person will be very happy with my work. The Winner! I hope I do good.

My  spindles and Pygora roving
What I haven't done on my to do list. I haven't sheared those bucks yet. I plan on doing it this Sunday - I can I can I can. I haven't worked on cleaning up the garden, and I haven't worked with my horses. I will try to do better.

What I am liking:  the weather has been perfect, I have been walking in the early evenings and it is soo very nice, and I finished knitting a burnt orange beaded shawl. And a friend bought a natural colored shawl and sent it to England to a family member. YA! I hope she likes it.
Until next time - enjoy the last days of summer, Fall starts Sept 23 and it is a full moon as well! Wonder what that means, maybe plant the fall garden that day?

No comments:

Post a Comment